Re: DebToo: Debian, Gentoo-style

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:21:36 -0500
Rthoreau <Rthoreau@iwon.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:47:50 -0700 (PDT),
> Chris de Vidal <cdevidal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> << [🔎] 20030826184750.6921.qmail@web40507.mail.yahoo.com>:
>
> >> Volunteers needed!
> >> http://debtoo.org
>
> >  Arnt Karlsen<arnt@c2i.net wrote
> > .."* This website sucks."  Toss it in http://validator.w3.org/  ;-)
>
> Thats a great site Arnt I especially like how it tells you what line
> is wrong.  I added it too my quick links, I will keep it handy for
> emailing web masters.
>
> I just have one question for all you folks who like to compile every
> single package, what are the benefits?  It seems like this site and
> review had Debian on top, Debian was only compiled with I386.
> Please excuse the long url:
> http://articles.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=227&page=1

Be that as it might be - obviously those guys didn't even know that
gentoo applies a patch to xfree with a newer driver for sis from
http://www.winischhofer.net when it gets installed - that is the reason
it is working.
I don't think I'll put to much emphasis on benchmarks from guys that
don't even know why their boxes work.

Klaus