Re: Debian security prb

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 03:03, Frédéric Aliotti wrote:
> I have installed Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 rl "Woody" Official i386.
> I'm trying to use an application called Cyberdocs on this computer > :
this application have to open OpenOffice.org to convert word
> documents to XML. This process is triggered by a java application. >
Everything is properly installed.

First off, HTML mail to this list is frowned upon. Second Are you sure
you have Java installed on the Machine?

> My problem is that OpenOffice.org can't be oppened by Cyberdocs : > I
get this message : java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused > ...
> I don't have this problem when I use Redhat or Mandrake.
> Maybe a security prb.

Are you sure that you indeed have Java Properly installed this Debian
machine?

Exactly What version of Java are you using? Did you install it from a
Debian package? Or from a tarball?