Re: What to expect after XP installation on the other disc

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 02:56, Joris Huizer wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> The computer I'm using has two hard discs:
>  /dev/hda Windows ME
>  /hev/hdb Linux Debian
>
> Because Windows ME is slow and buggy, my dad wants to
> replace it with XP;
> What are the risks - will XP mess with the boot loader
> or something? Is there more I should be affraid of?

Tell him to be afraid of viruses and worms, like sobig, msblaster,
slammer, code red, nimda, etc, etc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.
Then remind him that the Linux box never suffered from any of those
problems...

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Vanity, my favorite sin."
Larry/John/Satan, "The Devil's Advocate"