Re: money/quicken/?

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 09:42, Brian Gonzales wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 08:20, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 08:17:43AM -0600, Brian Gonzales wrote:
> > > Avoid gnucash. It uses the most irritating form of data entry known to
> > > man.
> >
> > It uses double-entry accounting.  This isn't abnormal for people to
> > use in checkbooks.
>
> Ah, checkbooks... those archaic paper thingies people used in the 90s.
> Quicken and CD-ROM writing is my sole reason for using windows.
>
> And no, I never used double-entry in my checkbooking either.

You do, of course, realize that Quicken uses a double-entry system as
well right? It's just not quite as obvious. You know how you assign all
of those categories to expenses in Quicken? THAT's double-entry! Every
debit in one account is a credit in another. So when you debit $20 from
your checking account, you also credit $20 to your Expenses:Auto:Gas
account. Simple. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837