Re: Out of Office AutoReply: Approved

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 05:39:56PM -0400, Kevin McKinley wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:00:50 -0400
> Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman@dman13.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> Please accept my apology for letting that get out. I thought I had prevented
> my reply from getting to the list.

If your autoresponder is set up  to respond based on your name being in
the To: field instead of in the BCC: field, list postings *normally*
would not be responded to. If this is the way you have it set up I'd
be willing to bet that it was triggered by a SoBig trojan masquerading
as debian-user, and not the list itself.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all