Re: System clock GMT or not

Debian has a system configuration tool but I can't remember exactly what it's
called..something like base-config.

Basically, in the file /etc/adjtime on the 3rd line there's either UTC or
LOCAL.

Be a little careful changing this by hand.  When the system is shutdown the OS
checks the software kernel clock and compares to the hardware clock.  The
error is written to this file so that next time you power up, the kernel
automatically adjusts for drift in the hardware clock.  If you go and change
it from UTC to LOCAL the kernel will think there is a big error (up to 24
hours I guess) and next time you power up you get a screwed time.

Best to use the base-config tool...

JS