Re: nis client problem (still)

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:40:11 +0200, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira
wrote:

> 	Hi all,
> 	I have a debian potato nis server. I have some debian woody desktops
> 	(nis clients) configured. When I updated these machines do sid, the nis
> 	stopped to work! :( Only when I do su - from root account, it "works":
>
> machine:~# su - user
> su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.
> (Ignored)
>
> 	How I can fix this?

The current libc6 is said to have broken NIS. Maybe you can locate an
older version of the package and install it.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!