Re: root login How ???

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 11:27:06PM -0400, Jeff Elkins wrote:
| On Friday 22 August 2003 10:28 pm, Robert Storey wrote:

| >I know that most Debian users disdain the idea of ever logging in as root,

Well, there is a reason for that.  (see my first message in this
thread)

| > but there are a few times when I've found it useful

| I agree. I don't run X as root normally, but it's been useful a time
| or two.

I'm really curious now.  In what situations have you found a graphical
root login to be so useful?

*I* haven't found any situation in which I couldn't do what I wanted
to by using my own desktop and simply switching to root in a certain
xterm.

-D

of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/