Re: Unicode: is it safe to use it ?

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 12:49, Christophe Courtois wrote:
> Le Vendredi 22 Août 2003 00:08, Alex Malinovich a déclamé :
> > Assuming you're exchanging messages with friends who have French,
> > Japanese, and English fonts installed, and that their mailers support
> > Unicode, you'll obviously have no problem. Assuming that they speak and
>
>   Yeah, it's OK. With Kmail, I can use : French ( œ æ € Ç ),
> German ( ß),
> Polish (całego świata. Dostępne są też ŽŽ),
> Chinese ( 新聞、商業信息、文化藝  ),
> Japanese  (ダンス・エレクトロニカ ),
> Thaï (พระราชดำริสมเด็จพระเทพรัตนราชสุดาฯ สยามบ),
> Hebrew (זכרמב - הבכרמה טקיורפ),
> something from India (ैं ओर राष्ट्रपति सद्दाम हुसैन से मिल चुके हैं. ),
> Russian (Слова и музыка)...
>
>  The only problem is to have a nice font to display the message. For
> example, I use Bitstream fonts.
>
>  Charset here is utf-8.

Which font packages do you have installed for the Chinese, Japanese,
Thai and "something from India"? I can see everything else just fine,
but the above 3 are showing up as squares with numbers inside of them.

Just out of curiosity, do you actually speak all of those languages or
are you just tossing out a few words? If you actually speak and write
all of them, I am thoroughly impressed. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837