Re: kernel 2.4.21 && swsp && acpi

Lajos Mester <l.mester@coming-it.de> writes:

> After upgrade-grub, my menu shows:
>
> ###
> title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.4.21
> root            (hd0,2)
> kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.21 root=/dev/hda3 ro
> savedefault
> boot
> ###
>
>  But when booting the kernel panics, saying, he couldn't find the root and
> asks for a 'root=' part in the bootmanager.

Your kernel has

> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=m
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=m

so you need to build an initrd file that contains your modules, or
else the kernel will have no idea how to talk to your hard disk when
it comes time to load the root filesystem.

Since you're just building a kernel for a single system, I wouldn't
bother with this at all.  Turn off initrd support, and make sure that
support for your hard disk and root filesystem type is built into your
kernel ('y', not 'm' for a module).

	-- Abra Mitchell