Hard Drive Crash Recovery

I had a hard drive crash last night on one of my systems. Fortunately only a near empty /home and the swap partition were on that drive so I did not lose too much data. However, I don't know how to go about remounting the /home directory and the swap partition. Is there any way to mount the /home directory on another drive that already has data on it, but is not full? I would prefer not to buy a new drive if I don't have to. If I have to use another drive what are the commands I must do to prepare it for mounting /home and a new swap partition on it?

Thanks for all the help,
Curtis