Re: The Associated Press has detected a violation in a document you authored.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 05:44:31PM +1200, cr wrote:
| On Thursday 21 August 2003 03:54, AP_EmailAlert@ap.org wrote:
  [a bunch of hogwash]

| Is it just me, or is there something *really dumb* about alerting the
| purported sender of a virus that spoofs the origin line?     <vbg>

It's not just you.

| ... recipient of at least 80 of this sort of message yesterday  :(

Yeah, a lot of people are.

Wouldn't it be somewhat amusing to set up an autoresponder that
notifes the (other) autoresponders that their autoresponses are not
appreciated?  I wonder how many windows machines can be crashed like
that ...
    (naturally set that up on a separate site so the autoresonder wars
    don't DoS your real mail)

-D

--
Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/