Re: /etc/rc.boot

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> /etc/init.d/rcS says that /etc/rc.boot is run only for
> compatibility. What's the Debian standard for rc.local/rc.boot now?
> Please don't make me write init.d scripts for every single line
> I need.

So create a single /etc/init.d/local script, copying
/etc/init.d/skeleton, and add it into the boot sequence using
update-rc.d or ln normally.  If you want multiple things to start at
different points in the startup sequence or in different runlevels,
then you need multiple scripts, but nothing is stopping you from
creating just one script that does several different things.

	-- Abra Mitchell