Script for IP address change

This [Q] is not debian specific, but you guys are more
knowledgeable than normal linux user groups that I
thought I would ask it here.  My machine's external IP
address is configured via DHCP from my cable modem
service provider.  Any suggestions on how to write a
script that notifies me via e-mail when this this IP
periodically changes?  I use dhclient to retrieve the
IP from the DHCP server.

Many thanks,

William.