Re: OT: Re: Virus found in the message

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:57:22 +1200
cr <cr@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> Is there a rash of viruses with spoofed origin lines all of a sudden?
> I had *120* emails in my other email account today (not the one I use on
> Debian), many of them were Re: Wicked Screensaver.   I thought they were all
> spam but I guess they were mostly bounce messages - something's been
> spoofing my (other) email addy.

    Be glad, some roadrunner business customer is spewing a virus to tons of
people using my address in the from field.  As a result I get all the bounces.
 Now ya wanna get the kick in the nads?

    abuse@rr.com bounces my reporting email because I run my own mail server
on a static IP (one I've had for over a year now) in DSLExtreme's residential
block.  I call them to report it over the phone and get a recording telling me
to email it which promptly hangs up.  There is no way on that number to get
a live human being.  When I call the corporate office and get shuffled off to
a CCR in a different department he's able to contact them for me.  I'm told to
use a free webmail account to send them the headers.... but not as an
attachment.  Great, the headers are in the bounce so I cannot script pulling
them out easily.  So fugg'em, 60k+ of messages in-line.  Nope, the web form
pukes on that.  :/