Re: net install with eepro100 / 845G

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 07:58:56PM +1000, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 05:06:25PM -0700, John E. A. wrote:

Hi,

> > I'm attempting a network installation. Either woody or sarge would be fine.
> >
> > The motherboard has an Intel 845G chipset, which includes an ethernet
> > controller that uses the eepro100.o driver.
> >
> > This driver doesn't seem to be easily loaded.
> >
> > I've tried:
> >  jigdo cd for woody bf2.4
> >  diskette for woody bf2.4
> >  80M netinst cd image for sarge
> >
> > Is there a debian install that will use this driver?
>
> It should be on one of the driver disks, if it's not built into the
> kernel itself.  Sure you've checked them?
I think he has one of the new eepro chips wich are supported since
Linux 2.4.20. The bf2.4 in the offical releases come with Linux 2.4.18.

I suggest that you try the CD we build for the LinuxTag exhibition with
a new b-f version based on Linux 2.4.20.

You can find the Image here:
http://source.rfc822.org/pub/mirror/lt2003/woody-i386-1_NONUS_LT2003-final.raw

HTH
Sven