Re: Again with the nvidia...

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:50:08 +0200, Bradley Alexander wrote:

> It's in there:
>
> (**) NVIDIA(0): Option "NoRenderAccel" "on"

I'm getting this one:

(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "RenderAccel" "0"

As it seems, both should boil down to the same thing. I was under the
impression that the driver also prints a more informative message
somewhere in the log file, but I can't find it now.

> But I also noticed this:
[...]
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
>
> So I commented out the DRI and the GLcore, which were suggestions I
> found from a google search. Hopefully this will do it. The unresolved
> symbols are from the dri module, because the nvidia driver doesn't
> supply them, and GLcore is supplied by the nvidia driver itself.

DRI is incompatible with the nVidia binary driver. The README file
somewhere states that DRI and GLcore should be commented out. I don't know
if that's the root of your problems though. (Probably not, as DRI wasn't
loaded.)

> Thoughts?

Alas, none.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!