Re: Bizarre one-way network disconnection

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 03:34, Mark wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 05:39:05PM -0400, Mark Roach wrote:
> >
> > when eth0 goes unresponsive, I can ping 10.x.x.x addresses just fine,
> > even ones across our router.
[...]
> I guess the first question is what has changed or have you changed?
>
> I'd look at routeing and DNS resolving as possible problems.

DNS doesn't really even come into the picture, I am simply pinging the
ip address, no name resolution involved. Also, as I said, I am able to
ping *from* the device even across the router, just not able to ping
*to* the device even from the local subnet. The only recent change I
have made to the system was installing the compaq health utilities as
posted on the list last week. Since the problem started though, I have
removed them.

Thanks,

Mark