Re: possible to extract .cab files under linux?

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 19:11, Lukasz Szift Hejnak wrote:
> I was seeking a way to extract cab files too and found two
>
> 1) you can get your self any bootable win disk
> and use it's tools (boot it with cd access and then exec win98/extract.exe),
> but then again if you don't have any 'fat' partitions,
> all you will be able to access is a floppy,
> for some it's enough
>
> 2)You can download the winrar 3.20 for linux:
> http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-3.2.0.tar.gz
>
> --
> with regards
> Lukasz Hejnak
szift@tkk.pl

 $ apt-cache search cabinet
cabextract - a program to extract Microsoft Cabinet files
lcab - Create MS Cabinet (.cab) files.

Maybe these might be of assistance? And prevent you the need to reboot!

--
Damien Solley
dsolley@student.usyd.edu.au