Re: Inspiron laptop, framebuffer console

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:05:34 -0400
Aaron <aaron@core-dev.com> wrote:

> > That sounds like a BIOS problem. I saw it on an Inspiron 8000, when the
> > BIOS was upgraded past A17. Reverting to A17 fixed the problem.
>
> It stopped happening after I switched my BIOS not to do anything when
> I close the lid. I know, sounds like it was probably something else,
> and maybe it was, but that's all I changed and now I can safely
> suspend with the keyboard shortcut and everything. Console remains
> stable. Weird.

You must have had a different problem.

I never use any type of suspend; my screen would split after a few minutes
on a text console and nothing I tried would get it straight except
rebooting.

I finally put two and two together, and reverted my BIOS. The problem hasn't
returned.

Kevin