Re: Outgoing Attachments

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 07:43:17PM +0100, Saifa Saifa wrote:
| Hi all
|
| I am relatively new to exim. I able to setup exim
| which is working fine on debian machine. Now I have to
| block/deny  the incoming and outgoing attachments.

You do realize that doing so will cause problems with signed messages
like this one, right?  It will also cause problems with the (default?)
settings many people use with certain mail clients so that both a
plain text and html formatted version of their message is sent.

| Through ".forward" file I could filter the incoming
| attachments for individual users. But I couldnt find
| the proper solution for filtering outgoing
| attachements. Please suggest me some quik pointers and
| example configurations.

Also note that to exim, like most if not all mail servers, all
messages are both "incoming" and "outgoing".  The message comes in to
the mail server (somehow, from somewhere) and goes out of the mail
server (somehow, somewhere).

Anyways, the parts of the manual you are looking for is :
    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/filter.html
    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_39.html#IX2263
    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_23.html#IX1756

-D

--
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you
rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/