Re: gnome-core OR gnome-panel but not both??

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:08:11 -0700 (PDT)
David Morse <svref@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In Sarge:
> "apt-get install gnome-panel" wants to uninstall
> gnome-core, and vice versa.  And I need gnome-core as
> a prerequisite for gnome-media, without which I get no
> mixer applet (boo hoo).  Without gnome-panel, I get no
> panels whatsoever, thus definately no mixer applet.

Look at the versions.  According to packages.debian.org,
in testing, we currently have:

gnome-core:	1.4.2-1
gnome-panel:	2.2.2-1

gnome in testing is in a state of partial replacement to
gnome2.  Stuff like that's gonna happen in testing.

> I'm something of a ninny with dependancies, how do I
> get around this?

Don't run sarge?  Get the gnome2 elements missing in sarge
from sid?

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)