Re: print manager - cups

On Sunday 17 August 2003 7:03 pm, David Fokkema wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 03:24:08PM +0200, Richard Lyons wrote:
[...verbose description of print failure from gimp snipped...]

> Well, you speak of at least one application which prints perfectly
> normally. So you know there's nothing wrong with CUPS, ;-). To make
> really sure, try sending a one-page postscript file to the printer using
> the command-line tools lp or lpr (if you installed cupsys-bsd). If that
> also works perfectly normally, it's the gimp. There was a thread a few
> days ago, IIRC, dealing with gimp-print. You could probably find it in
> the archives.

Ok, good.  I had to do a windoze-style reboot to get the printing to start
again.  But yes, lp somefile.ps succeeds, either as root or user.

I'll look for the previous thread.  But menawhile, can anyone help me with why
I cannot alter the print queue from print manager (KDE)?  I can restart the
print server - it asks for root password.  Every other operation it rejects
"You don't have access to the requested resources".  And even restarting the
print manager after deleting the stalled prints from the queue was not enough
to unlock it - hence the Microsoft-style reboot.

--
richard