Re: Backporting debhelper

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 04:26:29PM +0200, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> Mensaje escrito por Bob Proulx el 14/08/2003 1:54:
> >For my own backports I have been changing the debhelper version
> >dependency in the debian/control file to specify the woody version.  I
> >have not backported debhelper.  This process has worked pretty well so
> >far.

This will (obviously) break when packages actually use features that
were introduced with debhelper 4.  "dh_shlibs -s" is a notable example
of this, that hits a fair number of packages.

> Indeed that was what I was thinking to do if nobody answered my pray. I
> hope it also works for me. :)

There's a backport of debhelper 4.1.56 available from here:

deb http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/BACKPORTS stable main

> >Just curious, what programs are you trying to backport?
>
> Well, indeed many of them. I am trying to backport sound applications
> only available in unstable to make them available for subscribers of
> my sound related mailing list that lack the
> spare-time/interest/bandwidth for upgrading to sid. Specially, I am
> thinking of ardour, one of those applications whose backporting seems
> a mess.

Make sure you check www.apt-get.org to see if someone else has done the
hard work for you :-)

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:   PGP Albanian cypherpunk keyhole defense information warfare