Re: Lost /etc/init.d/mysql

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 12:38:23PM +0200, Friedrich-Daniel M?ller wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I accidently deleted my /etc/init.d/mysql from Woody. I didn't find a way to
> reinstall this one file. Could someone please be that nice and send it to me
> at daniel@fdmoeller.de.

In future, you can either purge and reinstall the package (though all
the other config files for that package will be reset to defaults) or
reinstall the deb with "dpkg -i --force-confmiss foo.deb" (look in
/var/cache/apt/archives) to just get the missing config files back.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:     ARPA AIMSX White House Leuken-Baden Fortezza Lon Horiuchi