Re: Hardware

[Please don't top quote!  It makes your message harder to read,
especially in long threads.]

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 02:36:28AM +1200, Edward Murrell wrote:
> Generally, anything that the Linux kernel supports, Debian supports.
>
> However, SATA support last time I checked was non-existant in
> Linux/Debian. Blame the manufactures.

SATA support seems fairly good in the 2.6 test kernels, at least.
Silicon Image chipsets have been supported for a while, and Promise
recently GPL'd their drivers.

> As for ATi. Go with nVidia, same yourself the pain.

ATI is at least as well supported under Linux, AFAICT.  They even seem
to actually document their cards to some extent, something Nvidia has
refused to do for a very long time.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:             Majic Comirex investigation Iran subversive Glock