Re: Win machine cannot print to a linux printer (cups)

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 07:48:54PM +0200, Joan Tur wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> I cannot print from a windows computer to a printer shared using cups.
> Security is set in samba to "user", user name & pwd are the same in both
> computers and the XP computer sees the printer and I'm able to add it.
>
> But when I try to print out a test page it says it hasn't been able to create
> the job.

What is the exact error message and which program generated the error
message (your editor or XP printing subsystem)?

> The only logs on the linux computer are in /var/log/samba/log.nmbd:
> - -------
> [2003/08/15 17:30:52, 0]
> nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(237)
>   find_response_record: response packet id 31530 received with no matching
> record.
> - -------

Is this exact error message generated every time you send a job to the
printer?

> And raw jobs are available in cups...

What do you mean?

Also, have you tried not sending a test page, but just printing from,
say, Word?

David

--
Happy Birthday, Debian!