Re: Is there ANY .pdf format editor for Linux with a WYSIWYG GUI

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 21:43, John Foster wrote:
> I want to locate an editor that will run on Linux that will handle .pdf
> flie format. I really am only interested in one with a WYSIWYG  GUI
> frontend. I just tried kile & it seeems to be partially there but does
> not appear to have a WYSIWYG mode for its editor.  Anyone have any
> suggestions?  Commercial is OK.

apt-get install lyx

greg@duke:~$ apt-cache policy lyx
lyx:
  Installed: 1.3.2-1
  Candidate: 1.3.2-1
  Version Table:
 *** 1.3.2-1 0
        500 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        500 ftp://ftp.gnome.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.3.1-5 0
        500 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org testing/main Packages
        500 ftp://ftp.gnome.org testing/main Packages
     1.3.1-5 0
        500 ftp://ntama.uni-mainz.de unofficial/ Packages
     1.1.6fix4-2 0
        500 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org stable/contrib Packages
        500 ftp://ftp.gnome.org stable/contrib Packages

Seems to do quite well. It's a bit behind Kile in interface... but you
could write in Kile and preview in Lyx.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Send me your hang nails. With great eagerness I will knit them into
divine papal integuments.