Re: wireless recommendations

Jeremy Brooks <jeremyb@whirljack.net> writes:

> 802.11b is okay, but trying to move large amounts of data (like ssh'ing
> mp3's around) tends to cause errors (apparently a known bug; newer
> drivers are a bit better about recovering from this).

I've never had that problem with an Orinoco Silver and an SMC access
point, so that's probably specific to the card or access point. Mine
is just slow.  OTOH, it's usable most of the time... if I want to
shuttle gigs around or edit pictures over NFS, I plug in to
100baseT.  So I'd say it's good to have both.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.