Re: Circular dependencies? dpkg -P kdelibs3

Sven Clasen - Hacki <hacki@aluvian.dyndns.org> writes:
> i had the same problem with exim and mailx, it seems to occur when
> you try to apt-get two packages at the same time (with apt-get
> install package1 package2), but when package2 depends on package1
> you get an error. it seems to be the same when you want so remove
> them in one. try reming one, then the other (apt-get remove
> kdelibs-bin, then apt-get remove kdelibs (or the other way round))

Thanks for your answer. I have a feeling that I posed my qustion
badly. I am able to remove both packages by writing

apt-get remove  package1 package2

However I would like to purge instead of remove, and as far as I have
understood this requires that I can purge the packages one at a
time.

I guess that I can solve my problem by the following code

apt-get remove  package1 package2
apt-get install package1
dpkg -P package1
apt-get install package2