Re: How can I use bittorrent?

stan wrote:
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 11:41:51PM -0400, Travis Crump wrote:

stan wrote:

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 03:09:58AM -0500, Alex Malinovich wrote:

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 19:24, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

--- stan <stanb@panix.com> escribi??:

I just used apt-get to install bittorrent from unstabele. Question is, how to use it? All the instructions on the home page FAQ seem
to be for windows amchines.

In your web browser, add a helper application entry for the appropriate MIME
type (application/x-bittorrent, I believe) that points at the bittorrent
binary on your system. Find a .torrent file somewhere, click on it and off you
go.

You'll have a few choices for which of the tools to actually use, but if
you want the Windows-lookalike GUI client, you'll want 'btdownloadgui'
for your program name.

Thanks guys!

This got me working (in Galeon BTW).

BTW, any reason I might prefere one of the other GUIS?

They can be run inside a screen session so you don't have to close them if you want to log out of X.

Umm, which client are you speaking of here?

The package bittorrent contains three clients: btdownloadgui, btdownloadcurses, and btdownloadheadless. Since you were asking about the alternatives to btdownloadgui, I was referring to the other two[though I guess btdownloadheadless isn't technically a gui]