Re: Anyone installed sarge?

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 18:18, Scott C. Linnenbringer wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:31:30 +0200 (MEST), Jens Wannenmacher
> <jens_wannenmacher@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > anyone out there who installed sarge from the unofficial isos dated
> > 2003/07/27?
> > If so: Are there any problems?
>
> Are those the images of the new debian-installer, or the former
> boot-floppies set?
>
> If it's the new debian-installer, than yes, some people have had
> problems because it's currently in early stages and not rock-solid.
> However, your milage may vary.

I download the _Official net install images for the "testing" release_
about once a month for a few months now, todays (August 13th) was the
closest I have gotten to getting an install working:

* Keyboard Detection Failed, just skipped it

* One of the two systems I have doesn't have a floppy, though it keeps
trying to detect it.

* One of the systems systems has an eepro100, it doesn't detect that the
e100 driver works with it.

* Disk partitioning returns errors, doing Alt-F2 and using fdisk works
great.

* It the partition selector I can't see where I mounted what partition
because the devfs device names push it off to the right.

* In the partition selector, it don't let me manually enter where to
mount a partition more then once

* And finally, at the end where I it tries to download the
/debian/dists/sarge/Release file from my local apt-proxy, it just sits
there at 0% forever.  Even though I can download the file from Alt-F2
with wget no problem.

But the improvements over the last couple of months have been great!