Re: Anyone installed sarge?
On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 18:18, Scott C. Linnenbringer wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:31:30 +0200 (MEST), Jens Wannenmacher
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > anyone out there who installed sarge from the unofficial isos dated
> > 2003/07/27?
> > If so: Are there any problems?
> Are those the images of the new debian-installer, or the former
> boot-floppies set?
> If it's the new debian-installer, than yes, some people have had
> problems because it's currently in early stages and not rock-solid.
> However, your milage may vary.
I download the _Official net install images for the "testing" release_
about once a month for a few months now, todays (August 13th) was the
closest I have gotten to getting an install working:
* Keyboard Detection Failed, just skipped it
* One of the two systems I have doesn't have a floppy, though it keeps
trying to detect it.
* One of the systems systems has an eepro100, it doesn't detect that the
e100 driver works with it.
* Disk partitioning returns errors, doing Alt-F2 and using fdisk works
* It the partition selector I can't see where I mounted what partition
because the devfs device names push it off to the right.
* In the partition selector, it don't let me manually enter where to
mount a partition more then once
* And finally, at the end where I it tries to download the
/debian/dists/sarge/Release file from my local apt-proxy, it just sits
there at 0% forever. Even though I can download the file from Alt-F2
with wget no problem.
But the improvements over the last couple of months have been great!