Re: multiple network cards bound together

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:16:42AM -0400, D. Clarke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to bind multiple (non matching, or matching) network cards
> together to act as one device?
>
> I've got a fileserver here with 2 nics in it, currently both have seperate
> ip's but I'd like the box to have just one ip but use both cards... is what
> I'm asking for possible at all?

It should work if you install the ifenslave package and enable bonding
support in the kernel, and you have a switch that supports etherchannel
or multi-link trunks (depending on the vendor).

I've been meaning to try this but haven't got around to it ...

  Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you,
  and just before you realize what's wrong with it.