Re: multiple network cards bound together

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:16:42AM -0400, D. Clarke wrote:
| Hi!
|
| Is it possible to bind multiple (non matching, or matching) network cards
| together to act as one device?
|
| I've got a fileserver here with 2 nics in it, currently both have seperate
| ip's but I'd like the box to have just one ip but use both cards... is what
| I'm asking for possible at all?

Search for docs on "channel bonding".  The extent of my knowledge on
it is this :
    .   linux supports it
    .   linux calls it "channel bonding" (other OSes call it other things)
    .   both network interfaces must connect to the same host on the
            other end
    .   the host on the other end must be configured to work with the
            channel bonding (may need to be a linux host, but I'm
            really not certain on that)

HTH,
-D

--
The remote desktop feature of Windows XP is really nice (and *novel*!).
As a Microsoft consultant can *remotely* disable the personal firewall

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/