Re: Does EXT3 need "JBD debugging support" ?

Joris Huizer wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've got a small question - the other day I saw
> somebody said something about ext3 not needing a fsck
> every 20 boots... and I decided to start using a ext3
> filesystem instead of ext2 :-)

Actually, you will still get the fsck every 20 boots or after 180 days.
This is independent of ext2/ext3 and has to be changed with 'tune2fs'.

I recommend to disable the check after 20 boots (tune2fs -c 0), but leave
the check after 180 days. You will never now what bugs in the kernel
corrupt your fs, so doing a check ever 1/2 year isn't that bad. Or change
it to be a check after a year, or so.

Cheers,
Juri