Re: Scan rate for Elonex MN009 monitor

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 01:44:55PM +0800, Russ Pitman wrote:
> Pigeon wrote:
> > Not completely OT, as I want the information for configuring X under
> > Debian...
> >
> > In search of info on the range of scan rates accepted by an Elonex
> > MN009 monitor, I searched Google to no avail, so decided to email
> > Elonex, who said:
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 01:14:46PM +0100, Common support wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear Sir,
> > >
> > > Unfortunately we do not have any information on these monitors that we can
> > > supply.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Elonex Technical Support
> >
> > It would be good if someone on this list has/had one of these monitors
> > and could tell me. "I've got the manual and it says this" would be
> > preferable to "my XF86Config says this and it hasn't blown up yet" :-)
>
> Never heard the name before. If the monitor is of recent manufacture (1999+)
> read-edid may be useful.
>
> # apt-cache search read-edid
> #read-edid - hardware information-gathering tool for VESA PnP monitors

No, it's ten years old or so and the pins for monitor ID signals are
missing from the plug.

I've recently installed Debian on another system with a 10-year-old
monitor that turned out to be capable of some surprisingly fast scan
rates, but only if given particular combinations of H and V frequencies.
Fortunately the manual was available and listed these.

I'm using the Elonex monitor in a system I'm putting together for a
mate out of scrounged components, and I would like to get the best
possible performance out of it.

If nobody knows within a few days, I'll pull it apart and see if there
are any google-worthy numbers on the circuit board, otherwise just
assume slowish SVGA and hope for the best.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons