RE: old laptop I need ugly fast Xwindows please

Title: Message
I use IceWM on an IBM ThinkPad 380D (P150 MMX, 80 MB RAM, 2.1 GB HDD) and it runs great.  I had tried to run GNOME in the past and it worked... but, man... it had to work pretty hard.

You can go with the unstable version (I haven't had any problems).

I think you need to install these:
-> xfree86-common
-> xbase-clients
-> xfonts-100dpi
-> xfonts-75dpi
-> xfonts-artwiz
-> xfonts-base
-> xlibs
-> xserver-common
-> xserver-xfree86
-> xterm (optional!)
-> xutils
-> icewm
-> icewm-common

But you don't have to take my word for it!

-Jason