Re: C-_ on the console

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 06:32:38PM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> When I hit C-_ ("undo") in an X window, it works fine.  If I hit it from
> a console window, it does nothing and I have to hit C-- (no shift) for it
> to work.  I tried "M-x describe-key C-_" but it doesn't even seem to notice
> when I try to press C-_.

try

  $ dumpkeys | grep "keycode  12 ="

it should/could look like this:

  keycode  12 = minus            underscore       backslash        Control_underscore Control_underscore

it means that that key produces - and when shifted _ and when altRed |
and whether Ctrled or shifted+Ctrled you get Ctrl-_

--
groetjes, carel