kernel-2.4.21 and dmesg

I have compiled and installed kernel 2.4.21 on my system.  I included
all the encryption features, and with the added (dmesg) output, it seems
that the output exceeds the buffer that is reserved for it.

My system is a single CPU, (Pentium), and, in looking into the
kernel/printk.c, it appears that for my system, LOG_BUF_LEN is 16K.
After editing kernel/printk.c and making my LOG_BUF_LEN 32k, I now get a
full printout.  I still have add a "-s" option to dmesg to get the full
printout, but now it works, at least.

I wonder if others with similar kernels and single CPU's are getting the
same results with dmesg as I was.  If so, should this be filed as a bug?

My system is stable, but this should not make a difference in this case,
I'd think.  From my research, the only cause for this problem is a too
small buffer specified in this file.