Re: nforce kernel modules

 --- "Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> escribió:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 07:11:42AM +0200, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> >  --- "Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> escribi?:
> > >
> > > That's very odd, the init script should store your settings in the
> > > following section:
> > >
> > >             if [ "$alsactl_store_on_shutdown" = "true" ]; then
> > >                 printf "Storing ALSA mixer settings ... "
> > >                 if alsactl store > /dev/null 2>&1; then
> > >                     sleep 1
> > >                     echo "done."
> > >                 else
> > >                     echo "failed"
> > >                 fi
> > >             fi
> > >

> > Right.  I always get an echo of failed (during boot and shutdown).
>
> Try running the command manually.  There is man page for alsactl that
> gives some command line options, including a debug option.

I went back and looked at the init script.  It seems like the script relies
on a successful modprobe of the various modules to actually complete correctly.
(I'm not an expert on shell scripts, so I could be wrong).  It occurred to me
that maybe having chosen the sound support as all y's (instead of m's) was
causing a problem.  So, I recompiled the kernel with all sound support in
modules, and everything works ok now.  My mixer settings persist from one
startup to the next.

I also had to edit /etc/defaults/alsa to have it load the OSS emulation by
defualt to get rid of the error from Audacity on the nForce2 machine.  But
the ALSA driver itself (i8x0) works great now.

Thanks for all the pointers.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es