linux/modversions.h in kernel.2.6-test2

I downloaded the kernel-source for 2.6-test from unstable and compiled
it on my laptop.  CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y in my .config and
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.0-test2/include/config/modversions.h
contains '#define CONFIG_MODVERSIONS 1' only.  However, there is no
modversions.h in my include/linux directory.  I didn't find anything
about this with google or in the source Documentation directory.  Can
I force this to be built, or is it something I can pull-together
myself?  (From looking at the modversions.h in the kernel-headers for
2.4.21, it looks like a pretty big file, though.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Brian