Re: Good Debian-based distro

David Fokkema wrote:

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:51:36PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
I put Debian on a SunBlade 150 last year. This week I plan to attempt to put it on four SunBlade 2000s for a university computer lab. I've also got it on my Macintosh G4. And I'm very glad Debian is ported to these archs, and that Debian on these archs works pretty much like it does on i386.

Go Kent! I tried to boot a disk I created from the sparc-floppies on a
computer which a fellow student had severely crashed and for which the
tech people didn't have time to reinstall. Didn't work out, :-( It was
an Ultra 5. What installer/branch did you use?

David

It's been a year, so my memory is hazy, but I probably started with Potato (or whatever was stable then) and then upgraded to Sid. I never could boot off of local media; I resorted to a tftp boot which worked dandy, and which I'll have to again do with the 2Ks.

--
Kent