Re: Good Debian-based distro

I agree,

Koppix does a great job of hardware detection and system configuration.  This is one thing that tends to scare off linux neophites.  Getting this *right* is very important IMHO, and Knoppix is a big step in the right direction in that respect.  The second one is keeping the system up to date, that I _know_ Debian is great at, as far a Knoppix is concerned, I would expect that givent that the /etc/apt/sources.list is Debian based, that it should be the same.

cheers

--
Luc Lefebvre

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities,
in the expert's mind there are few.			<Shunryu Suzuki>

Key fingerprint = D2E5 5E35 B910 6F4E 0242  EC63 0FD9 96D0 C7F4 784E