Re: Scan rate for Elonex MN009 monitor

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 07:49:02PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> Not completely OT, as I want the information for configuring X under
> Debian...
>
> In search of info on the range of scan rates accepted by an Elonex
> MN009 monitor, I searched Google to no avail, so decided to email
> Elonex, who said:
>
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 01:14:46PM +0100, Common support wrote:
> >
> > Dear Sir,
> >
> > Unfortunately we do not have any information on these monitors that we can
> > supply.
> >
> > Regards
> > Elonex Technical Support

Ah, yes! I _do_ like those tech people. They tend to be so helpful. I
only communicated with two types in my life. There exist at least three
and I am very willing to meet the third kind. The two kinds I _have_
communicated with are:
        1. Did you switch on the power? Good. Now click on start... I'm
           sorry, what did you say? Linux? What? No, we only support
           windows. Good bye.
        2. Er... I don't know.

> It would be good if someone on this list has/had one of these monitors
> and could tell me. "I've got the manual and it says this" would be
> preferable to "my XF86Config says this and it hasn't blown up yet" :-)

No. Sorry. I don't know and I don't support linux, ;-)

No idea if this will work, but what happens if you run lilo vga=xxx to
enter framebuffer mode and then use fbset to capture the sync rates?

HTH,
David