Replacing gnu tools in woody with busybox

Hello all,

Is it possible to replace all gnu tools in woody with busybox. I am removing packages from LAS knoppix <http://www.localareasecurity.com/> to make it still smaller. One idea is to remove all the hefty gnu tools and replace it with busybox. but understandably, when I tried to remove the core stuff, lots of dependency problems crop up.

Has any one tried this before? One idea I see is to repackage busybox with all correct dependencies. Any more ideas?

Also can I install a deb with out all locales that I do not need ad docs? My current plans are an rm -rf, but any gentler solution ?

raj