Re: Automated security updates?

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 08:23:36PM -0400, Johann Koenig wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:10:48 -0400
> Kevin McKinley <ronin2@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to use cron to apply updates from security.debian.org?
> >
> > Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?
>
> apt-cache show cron-apt

How would this work with something like testing or unstable?

I doubt it would be a good idea, but I wonder if anyone has tried it anyway.
(thinking of all the times I have had to run through the packages and choose
one by one which ones I wanted to install or leave just to avoid one causing
apt to want to remove a bunch of my packages, this might not be a good idea
to do with my mixed testing/unstable system, though a pure testing system
might work...)