Creating your own "Release" and "Release.gpg" files

Hi All!

I am making an internal .deb repository for some friends and colleagues in my university department and I would like to make it as close to a "legitimate" Debian repository as possible.

I've discovered the following script to make the "Packages" file:

############### #Makefile
#!/usr/bin/make -f
all:
        dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null > Packages
        gzip -9 -f Packages -c > Packages.gz
        chmod +r *

But how do you create the "Release" file with the MD5SUMS of each of the packages and is the "Release.gpg" file just your GPG public key in armor text?

Thanx so much!!!

Maria
--
Support your local ASPCA