Re: nforce kernel modules

 --- Johann Koenig <explosive@att.net> escribió:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:03:08 -0400
> gerard <gerard@devslash.org> wrote:
>
> > I tried that, everything seems to work with it but I cannot hear
> > anything come out of the speakers. Have any ideas why?
>
> Are your channels muted? They are by default.

Why is this, and how do you change it?  I've noticed that the mixer settings
on my machine never persist after a reboot (one has an nforce2 and the other
a Yamaha 754).  It is kind of annoying to have to reset the volumes after a
boot up.

I also get this message on boot (with a 2.6.0-test2 kernel):

Starting ALSA (version 0.9.4): intel8x0-failed failed

I also get a similar error on my laptop (with the Yamaha).

Should I worry?  I hear sound with no problem.

Also, I get this error when starting Audacity on the nforce2 machine:

"There was an error initializing the audio I/O layer.  You will not be able
to play or record audio.

Error: Host error."

However, if I kill esd before starting Audacity I don't get the error.  BTW,
I've not had this error with 2.4.20 (with either the nvaudio or the ALSA i810).
It seems particular to the new kernels.  I also have no need (apparently) to
kill esd on my laptop before using Audacity.  Why is this?

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es