Re: rcS directory

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:29:59 +0200
Rudy Gevaert <rudy@zeus.UGent.be> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:27:43AM -0400, Johann Koenig wrote:
> >
> > What indication do you have that ntpdate is not running? Maybe you
> > could add a line:
> > touch /home/user/ntpdateisworking
> > to the script. Reboot, if the file exists, ntpdate ran.
> >
> > If your date is off, try checking your timezone (tzconfig).
>
> I added the line and it runs at boot.

Don't forget to remove that line now :)

> A possible answer is that the network in the building was down when
> the power was turned on this weekend.  (As an other server had the
> wrong time too).

You might want to consider the ntp-simple package instead. I believe it
syncs your time at times other than boot.

apt-cache show ntp-simple

However, it says ntpdate is better for computers with intermittent 'net
access, so depending on your situation, you have to make the decision.
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: MU330 - Hey Now : Still Standing (Disc 2)