Re: rcS directory

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:16:21 +0200
Rudy Gevaert <rudy@zeus.UGent.be> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:04:22AM -0400, Johann Koenig wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:01:39 +0200
> > Rudy Gevaert <rudy@zeus.UGent.be> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I noticed that when my server gets rebooted the
> > > /etc/init.d/ntpdate script doesn't get run.
> > >
> > > Even though there is a symlink to it in the rcS.d directory.
> > >
> > > Where can I see that the rcS.d directory gets called?  So I am
> > > sure all the scripts in there get run.  (I'm actually nearly sure
> > > some don't as ntpd doesn't get run).
> >
> > What did you name the link? They are executed according to the first
> > three characters: Sxx, where xx is a two digit number describing the
> > order that it gets loaded.
>
> S51ntpdate it was placed there when installing it via apt-get

Please don't cc me, I read the list.

What indication do you have that ntpdate is not running? Maybe you could
add a line:
touch /home/user/ntpdateisworking
to the script. Reboot, if the file exists, ntpdate ran.

If your date is off, try checking your timezone (tzconfig).
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Bad Religion - The Defense : Punk-O-Rama (Vol. 7)